Visitor Information Centre
Friendly volunteers manage the centre and are able to answer questions about the Gardens to help you enjoy your visit even more.
Call in to find out more about the Gardens, upcoming events, or take a quick guided tour of the Arts & Ecology Centre, a good example of ecologically sustainable, modern public building.
You'll also find:
- Free maps, brochures and pamphlets about the Gardens, the walks, and coming events related to local fauna and flora.
- An interesting interactive area with visitor access to a microscope and resin castings containing plant elements and small creatures.
- Displays on flora/fauna interactions.
- Plant & wildlife photos and information displayed on TV & posters.
- Advice about using native plants in your home garden. We can also direct you to useful resources.
- A collection of botanical artwork celebrating the local flora.
Free Guided Walks
Every Tuesday morning at 9am, volunteers offer a free guided walk. Meet outside the cafe if you would like to join in. Koala walks are occasionally offered on Tuesday mornings if their location in the Gardens is easily accessible.
The Visitor Information Centre is located next to the Garden Cafe in the Arts & Ecology Centre.
Typically Mondays to Fridays from approximately 9:30am to 1:30pm (also some weekend days when Friends are available).
The Friends are always looking for more volunteers to help share the uniqueness of the gardens with our visitors. If you would like to contribute 1-2 days a month, email the Friends. We'd love to hear from you. Training is provided.
More information on the Join Us page.